Effective GCSE practical work: Physics NY318 / A21
With complex practical questions now commonplace in physics examinations, 'Effective GCSE Practical Work: physics' will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support the required practicals by developing students' apparatus and techniques skills in novel contexts.
Run alongside Effective Practical Work: chemistry and Effective Practical Work: biology, there is opportunity for you to customise your programme based upon your own personal and school priorities in order to gain the most out of your two days with us.
Who is it for?
All teachers of GCSE science including NQTs and more experienced teachers. Curriculum leads for GCSE physics.
What topics are covered?
- What is effective practical work
- Working scientifically
- Developing student response to practical questions
- Novel practical work to use in teaching of GCSE physics
- Using apparatus and techniques criteria
How will you learn?
Face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
Facilitator To Be Confirmed
At STEM Learning, we are proud to work alongside teachers, technicians and educators to inspire and engage young people of all ages with STEM...
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your pedagogical subject knowledge to support practical assessment in the science subjects which you teach
- apply apparatus and techniques criteria (AT) to all practical work not just required practical in order to develop students awareness
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions
|Effective GCSE practical work: Physics - day 1 (Delivered face to face)||07 October 2021||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Effective GCSE practical work: Physics - day 2 (Delivered face to face)||08 October 2021||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available