Reaching for grade 9 in science NY270 / A20
Grade 9 GCSEs will be a challenge for even top ability students to reach. Pushing the demand beyond the current A* requires stretching students and embedding a much deeper understanding of the science content and context.
This course will enable you to support your students in:
- high quality practicals
- tackling the mathematical demands
- going beyond the required practical work so they can tackle terminal examinations with confidence
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
- identify suitable strategies to enhance delivery of difficult science topics
- explore practical activities to stretch, challenge and embed understanding
- support students in applying their knowledge in unfamiliar contexts
- better support your students with the challenges of the new exams
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 1||08 October 2020||11:00-19:00|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 2||09 October 2020||09:00-16:00|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 3||03 December 2020||11:00-19:00|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 4||04 December 2020||09:00-16:00|
The National STEM Learning Centre will be following all government guidance and regulations to minimise risk of Covid-19 transmission, including the deep cleaning of our accommodation and teaching rooms and maintaining social distancing during course sessions and meal times.
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available