New and aspiring heads of science NY200 / A19
New to the role of head of science or are you ready to take on the challenge and looking for promotion? This course is designed to provide the strategies and techniques you will need to be successful.
It will run at the National STEM Learning Centre over 9 days with three residential periods and a webinar which focus on four ongoing themes within a science context, including:
- strategic leadership and management
- leading teams and change
- teaching and learning
- supporting and enriching learning
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- employ a range of methods to strategically lead and manage your science department
- evaluate the skills you have and identify areas you need to develop to become a highly effective leader
- explain what outstanding teaching and learning in science is and use this to provide effective feedback
- use a variety of strategies to make teaching and learning in science more engaging and inspiring for students and colleagues
- employ a range of techniques to enable you to create a high performing team
- describe a variety of methods you can employ to develop the members of your team
- articulate how a range of approaches can be employed to support and enrich students’ experiences in science
- produce an action plan linked to your school development plan to implement and evaluate back in school or college
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 1||27 January 2020 10:30-19:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 2||28 January 2020 09:00-19:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 3||29 January 2020 09:00-16:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 4||15 June 2020 10:30-19:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 5||16 June 2020 09:00-19:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 6||17 June 2020 09:00-16:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 7||19 October 2020 10:30-19:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 8||20 October 2020 09:00-19:00|
|New and aspiring heads of science - day 9||21 October 2020 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£2,880.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£2430.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£2,880.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available