Teacher and STEM Ambassador Breakfast RE226 / A01
STEM Learning are hosting a morning session aimed at linking schools and colleges (primary and secondary level) with local businesses and STEM Ambassadors to support STEM education.
Introducing the Big Bang @Schools programme the event will give teachers, business and STEM Ambassadors the opportunity to hear how they can become involved in their local Big Bang Fair on 26th June and how to host their very own Big Bang Fair.
It will also provide some valuable networking opportunities for teachers, businesses and STEM Ambassadors to forge new relationships and seek advice from STEM education professionals from a number of UK organisations.
- contribute towards careers development for staff and provide evidence towards professional recognition schemes
- support the provision of up-to-date careers information for young people
- support teachers in having access to relevant and real examples of STEM used in the real world
- inspire students to consider STEM subjects as they move through education
- help work towards activities that provide evidence towards the OFSTED assessment criteria about the quality of teaching, learning and assessment; and understand
- better how employers and STEM Ambassadors can support your STEM activities, clubs, lessons, careers fairs or events.
For local businesses and STEM Ambassadors, this will help to:
- develop more meaningful working relationships with local schools and colleges
- implement a cost-effective way of developing core competencies
- invest in a skilled future workforce for your industry
- contribute to how your industry is positively viewed within the local community
- help you towards your goals of challenging gender, ethnic and socioeconomic stereotypes that exist around STEM careers; and provide a good outlet for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities
|Teacher and STEM Ambassador Breakfast||04 June 2019||08:00-10:00||Alexandra Park School|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available