Reaching for grade 9 in science NY270 / A19
Grade 9 GCSEs will be a challenge for even top ability students to reach. Pushing the demand beyond the current A* requires stretching students and embedding a much deeper understanding of the science content and context.
This course will enable you to support your students in:
- high quality practicals
- tackling the mathematical demands
- going beyond the required practical work so they can tackle terminal examinations with confidence
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
- identify suitable strategies to enhance delivery of difficult science topics
- explore practical activities to stretch, challenge and embed understanding
- support students in applying their knowledge in unfamiliar contexts
- better support your students with the challenges of the new exams
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 1||19 September 2019 10:30-19:00|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 2||20 September 2019 09:00-16:00|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 3||09 December 2019 10:30-19:30|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 4||10 December 2019 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£1,280.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£1080.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£1,280.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available