Reaching for grade 9 in science NY270 / A19
Grade 9 GCSEs will be a challenge for even top ability students to reach. Pushing the demand beyond the current A* requires stretching students and embedding a much deeper understanding of the science content and context.
This course will enable you to support your students in:
- high quality practicals
- tackling the mathematical demands
- going beyond the required practical work so they can tackle terminal examinations with confidence
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
- identify suitable strategies to enhance delivery of difficult science topics
- explore practical activities to stretch, challenge and embed understanding
- support students in applying their knowledge in unfamiliar contexts
- better support your students with the challenges of the new exams
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 1||19 September 2019||10:30-19:00||National STEM Centre|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 2||20 September 2019||09:00-16:00||National STEM Centre|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - Gap Task||04 December 2019||00:00-00:00||National STEM Centre|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 3||09 December 2019||10:30-19:30||National STEM Centre|
|Aiming for grade 9 in science - day 4||10 December 2019||09:00-16:00||National STEM Centre|