Technicians supporting biology (11 - 19) NY604 / B18
Biology can often be seen as the science subject with few practicals that are engaging and work successfully. On this comprehensive course we will change that perception through a diverse range of practicals developed by ourselves and others, which will highlight that biology can be taught through exciting and effective practical work.
The content has been designed to fulfill the biology curriculum for 11 to 19 students and will include topics that will inspire pupils to attain in their biology qualifications. The sessions will explore practicals to support teaching and learning and the core practical students have to do.
Sessions will cover topics for key stage 3, GCSE and A level and will include:
- molecular biology (including electrophoresis and PCR)
- microbiology (basic and advanced)
- anatomy and human health (including dissections)
- biotechnology (including enzymes)
The course has been developed on five main strands to make sure it is relevant to technicians. These five strands include where to source the equipment, how to set it up, how the practical runs in the classroom, scientific background to the practical and health and safety.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
You will be able to
- successfully implement new biology skills and knowledge acquired on the course
- identify key issues that are essential for effective performance in your role
- communicate with others to implement safe and effective biology practicals in your school or college
- prepare biology practicals from a range of sources, to engage students and others
|Technicians supporting biology: 11-19 - Day 1||20 May 2019||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Technicians supporting biology: 11-19 - Day 2||21 May 2019||09:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Technicians supporting biology: 11-19- Day 3||22 May 2019||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|