New to teaching A level mathematics summer school MY500 / A18
"The best training course I have attended in my 14 years of teaching.”
Our highly acclaimed annual four day summer school returns this year. Run in conjunction with the Advanced Maths Support Programme (AMSP) the course is designed for teachers who have studied some mathematics beyond A level standard but have little, or no, experience of teaching A level mathematics.
During the course we will develop pedagogical knowledge to improve teaching skills, aiming to give teachers the confidence to teach for understanding and engagement, rather than ‘teaching to the test’.
Experience a range of teaching techniques delivered through 12 sessions: eight featuring topics from pure mathematics, two from mechanics and two from statistics. Also, plan and deliver a team taught twenty minute lesson.
The course is designed for:
- practitioners who are new to teaching, (i.e. have no more than three years teaching experience). those who have just completed their initial teacher training programme and are about to take up their first post
- more experienced teachers of mathematics who are new to teaching
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- have a deeper understanding of the key concepts that underpin A level mathematics, and how these ideas are linked together across the subject
- have developed a range of active learning approaches to teaching these concepts
- understand the importance of practical approaches to teaching applied mathematics
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 1||19 August 2019 09:30-19:00|
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 2||20 August 2019 09:00-19:00|
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 3||21 August 2019 09:00-19:00|
|New to teaching A level mathematics summer school - day 4||22 August 2019 09:00-15:30|
Fees & Bursaries
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available