New to teaching A level chemistry NY251 / B18
Are you starting out teaching A level chemistry? Even for teachers with a chemistry background it can be daunting to deliver for the first time. This course will support you with effective teaching and learning at AS and A level in chemistry. Common student misconceptions, as well as practical techniques and assessment will be investigated, with ample hands-on practice to hone your approach to student learning.
With much of chemistry centred around good experimental skills, this course will help teachers new to A level to lead and support outstanding practical chemistry, linking it to effective pedagogy within the subject.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- develop your understanding of key concepts within advanced level chemistry
- identify student misconceptions through diagnostic questions
- enhance practical skills to ensure students gain mastery of core experimental techniques
- assess students competence in chemistry through a variety of means
|New to teaching A level chemistry - day 1||24 June 2019 10:30-19:00|
|New to teaching A level chemistry - day 2||25 June 2019 09:00-16:00|
|New to teaching A level chemistry - day 3||10 September 2019 10:30-19:00|
|New to teaching A level chemistry - day 4||11 September 2019 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£1,280.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£1080.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£1,280.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available