Technical textiles: using smart and modern materials in your secondary classroom TY208 / B15
This course will help you to develop a textiles curriculum that incorporates smart and modern materials into modern and exciting projects.
Learn how smart materials and wearable's are changing the way that we use textiles and discover practical ideas for incorporating these new technical textiles into the classroom. All participants will leave with the equipment necessary to replicate example projects back in the classroom. As part of the course we will also be visiting Leeds University Design School to gain experience of how medical textiles and non woven textiles are changing the world around us.
Past participant, 2015
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will be able to:
- gain experience of how modern textile materials can be used as a context for learning
- understand how wearables will develop the use of textiles for the future
- develop projects and resources to use straight away in your classroom
- gain experience of the career paths available in textiles outside of the traditional role of a designer
- develop an understanding of how science and industry can be used as part of outstanding textiles technology lessons
- feel more confident about including STEM related activities in your textiles curriculum
|Technical textiles: using smart and modern materials in your secondary classroom - day 1||01 July 2016||10:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Technical textiles: using smart and modern materials in your secondary classroom - day 2||02 July 2016||09:00-15:15||National STEM Learning Centre|
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available