Delivering the coding elements of the national curriculum at KS1 TY022 / A15
The course begins on the evening of day 1, with discussion over dinner around existing provision and an opportunity to share planning and resources with the group. On day 2, the course will divide the day between discussion, information and opportunity to develop your own ‘hands on’ skills in ICT.
Any teacher and / or teaching assistant involved in supporting the computing curriculum, with no or little experience of using coding will benefit from this course. All equipment will be provided. However, for those that wish, you are also welcome to bring your own laptop.
- the computing curriculum: A national perspective.
- what technologies are children using at home? Do you know what they are using?
- what do you do with technology already?
- an overview of CAS Quick start computing and Barefoot computing.
- introduction to the Curriculum Innovation scheme of work.
- step away from the computer activities and Junior Computer Science.
- a walkthrough of the curriculum with hands-on use of equipment and software including Beebots, Education City, Purple Mash, JIT, j2E and use of iPad apps.
- planning the coding curriculum for KS1
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- understand how to navigate Scratch and create your own programs
- develop techniques for teaching computer coding and gain a deeper understanding of how Scratch fits within the Computing curriculum.
- create a portfolio of Scratch activities for use back at school
|Delivering the coding elements of the national curriculum at KS1 Day 1||21 January 2016||19:00-21:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Delivering the coding elements of the national curriculum at KS1 Day 2||22 January 2016||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available