Delivering the coding elements of the National curriculum at KS2 TY016 / A15
This course takes you through the principles of the computing curriculum coding programming, giving you ‘hand on’ opportunities to experience a number of different methods hands on time to develop both your skills in Scratch and the teaching techniques that you can use to make it work for you and your students. In 2 days, we will take you from creating simple programs to the exciting coded world of creating your own computer games.
Any teacher and / or teaching assistant involved in supporting the computing curriculum, with no or little experience of using Scratch will benefit from this course. All equipment will be provided. However, for those that wish, you are also welcome to bring your own laptop.
- understanding the Computing curriculum and the coding specific attainment targets in KS2
- demystifying the content and vocabulary of the coding elements in the KS2 computing curriculum
- sharing what is presently delivered with the attendees and how effective it is
- introduction to the Bradford Curriculum SOW including assessment and online resources
- looking at step away from the computing activities
- hands on opportunity to look at specifically focused activities to deliver the coding elements of the computing curriculum including:
- introduction to Scratch
Hands on opportunity to look at specifically focused activities to deliver the coding elements of the computing curriculum including:
- developing use of Scratch
- data harvest Go
- physical computing including weedos, pico boards and Makey Makey
- programming apps
- planning the coding curriculum for KS2
- extra-curricular coding through code clubs
- understand how to navigate a number of coding packages available for KS2
- develop techniques for teaching computer coding and gain a deeper understanding of how coding fits within the computing curriculum
- create a portfolio of activities for use back at school and gain access to sample schemes of work and assessment resources
|Delivering the coding elements of the National curriculum at KS2 Day 1||11 January 2016||10:00-19:00||National STEM Centre|
|Delivering the coding elements of the National curriculum at KS2 Day 2||12 January 2016||09:00-15:30||National STEM Centre|
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available