New and aspiring leaders of mathematics MY200 / A18
"The course has been brilliant. I have been able to identify the root of my frustrations and identify my own strengths and weaknesses, as well as reflect on others within my department. In doing this I will now be able to return and move forward in a positive and motivational way. Leading others and the department to further success." Past participant
We are pleased to be offering another round of our New and aspiring leaders of mathematics programme for teachers looking to lead a mathematics department in secondary schools. This intensive two part residential professional development course has been developed for teachers new or aspiring to lead a mathematics department in secondary schools and will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to run a successful department.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- employ a range of methods to strategically lead and manage a department
- evaluate the skills you have and identify areas you need to develop to become a highly effective leader
- explain what outstanding teaching and learning in mathematics is and use this to provide effective feedback
- use a variety of strategies to make teaching and learning in mathematics more engaging and inspiring for students and colleagues
- employ a range of techniques to enable you to create a high performing team and develop team members
- produce an action plan linked to your School Development Plan to implement and evaluate back in school or college
|New and aspiring leaders of mathematics - day 1||30 January 2019 09:30-19:00|
|New and aspiring leaders of mathematics - day 2||31 January 2019 09:00-19:00|
|New and aspiring leaders of mathematics - day 3||01 February 2019 09:00-16:00|
|New and aspiring leaders of mathematics - day 4||19 June 2019 09:30-19:00|
|New and aspiring leaders of mathematics - day 5||20 June 2019 09:00-19:00|
|New and aspiring leaders of mathematics - day 6||21 June 2019 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£1,920.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available£1620.00||Bursary typeENTHUSE Bursary|
|Our bursaries make it easy for you to attend our high impact CPD as you can claim back the bursary after the activity. Find out more.|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£1,920.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available