Teaching engineering in the primary classroom TY005 / A18
Engineering shapes and maintains the world we live in. With technology evolving at such an astounding pace, we have a responsibility to introduce children to engineering experiences at an early age to help inspire our engineers of the future.
This primary course is aimed at teachers and members of leadership who would like to learn how to incorporate engineering thinking skills into the curriculum.
Over two days, we will give engineering a real relevance for the primary classroom by looking at the skills that engineers use to do their jobs and how you can apply these in your day to day lessons. We will look at different engineering sectors and demonstrate, with practical ideas, how engineering can be used to enhance science, maths, IT and literacy.
Each session will offer examples of engineering contexts which can help children make connections between the classroom subject matter and the real-world, thereby providing opportunities for them to develop mastery in those areas by applying their knowledge to hands-on tasks.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- understand the thinking behind engineering habits of mind and how to develop a whole school approach to these thinking skills
- gain knowledge of technology, engineering and the engineering design process
- have the confidence to use engineering as a context for lessons
- have a ready-made collection of activities and resources to try
|Teaching engineering in the primary classroom - Day 1||22 May 2019 11:00-19:00|
|Teaching engineering in the primary classroom - Day 2||23 May 2019 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£540.00||Bursary typeENTHUSE bursary|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available