Using film technology to support primary literacy TY021 / B16
This is a 2 day course designed for teachers and teaching assistants who wish to explore the use of film technology as a tool for enhancing literacy lessons. Beginning with the role that film can play in the classroom, the course will explore a variety of film related skills and techniques, from film analysis and shot direction to creating content using accessible technology and software.
The content of each session will reflect on the support that each film technique brings to literacy lessons. Over the two days we will explore:
• the partnership between guided reading and film, how film can be used to impact upon reading levels
• strengthening spelling, punctuation, grammar through film
• linking film tasks to short writing outcomes
• teaching fiction and non-fiction through film
Special offer: receive a 100% discount on the activity fee by using code PRI100VAT when booking. You will need to pay the VAT of £120 (which as a state-funded school you can claim back). This offer supersedes any other bursary or discount offers.
PLEASE NOTE THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO STATE FUNDED SCHOOLS
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- understand how film can be used in the primary classroom to improve engagement in literacy
- gain ‘hands on’ experience of different types of media technology
- develop teaching strategies and resources for the implementation of film literacy in your classroom.
|Using film technology to support primary literacy Day 1||13 June 2017||10:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Using film technology to support primary literacy Day 2||14 June 2017||09:00-15:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
Using film technology to support primary literacy
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available