Attend a STEM Insight placement
A unique opportunity for education staff to experience life in a cutting-edge industry or university. Learn about the wide range of jobs open to students and the vocational and academic STEM routes available.
"Before the programme, I didn't feel I had sufficient knowledge of STEM careers to talk with confidence. Now I am equipped with up-to-date knowledge, real examples and experiences as well as strong industry links that can benefit the whole school. I believe this makes me a more effective and inspiring teacher."
- Insight into industry placement - Alice Kupara, subject leader of ICT and computer science
Benefits of going on a STEM Insight placement
Impact on teachers and career leads
- professionally life-changing, increased enthusiasm, motivation and confidence
- better informed to offer advice and guidance on potential career choices
- post-placement online and face-to-face CPD to help turn your experience into effective action
Impact on schools or colleges
- career awareness embedded into STEM teaching and enhanced careers provision
- greater understanding of apprenticeships and their value
- motivational STEM teaching enriched with real-world context and examples
What do placements involve?
What does a STEM Insight placement hold for you? Hear from past participants' experience of STEM Insight and the impact this has had on themselves and their students.
Insight into industry
Learn how all the parts of the business work, what roles and skills are needed, the breadth of career possibilities and the variety of routes into jobs, particularly technical paths and apprenticeships.
Insight into university
Learn about the rapidly evolving and increasingly inter-disciplinary courses available, the breadth of opportunities for study and research, the roles and skills needed, and the variety of career paths beyond. Use this insight to inspire students and better prepare them for Higher Education.
If you are a state-funded school or college you will receive generous financial support to cover the cost of participating in the programme from Project ENTHUSE. Once you have completed the programme, your organisation will receive bursary funding of £1,000 for a five-day placement or £1,750 for a ten-day placement. Your organisation pays a fee of £250+VAT for participating in STEM Insight. Bursary funds can be used to compensate teachers who chose to take a placement during school holidays.