Listing all results (87)
This issue of Computer Science for Fun magazine contains interesting articles on:
• DNA data and error correction
• Neural networks
• Biometrics and security
• Computer science and medicine
• Finding a cure for cancer – links to computer science
• Dust-sized computers...
This special issue of Computer Science for Fun magazine is entitled ‘The Perception Deception’, and looks at computer science illusions
It includes articles covering:
• Experimental methods in computer science
• Head-up displays and Pepper’s Ghost
• Mobile technology and a ‘virtual...
This special issue of Computer Science for Fun is entitled ‘Computer Science Everywhere’, and looks at the ubiquity of computer technology. It features a range of well-written articles on:
• Mediascapes – location-sensitive multimedia
• Closed circuit video analysis – computing challenges
A special issue of Computer Science for Fun focused on computers and images, containing articles on:
• Using Geomlab for tessellating images
• The golden ratio and beauty
• Robot artists
• The painter’s algorithm for drawing 3D graphics
• Communicating ideas...
This edition of Computer Science for Fun is entitled ‘The Earth Issue’, and features computer science applications that are environmentally friendly or that have helped scientists researching our planet.
The articles include:
• The power efficiency of the human brain vs modern computers
This edition of Computer Science for Fun concentrates on mobile computing, with articles ranging across:
• Book promotion with QR codes
• What the slow art movement did to email
• Robots in close relationships with humans
• Breaking down social barriers with technology
This computer animation special is issue 11 of the series Computer Science for Fun. It features a range of articles covering:
• The history of computer animation
• Animation basics
• Automata – precursors to computers
• Soap bubbles and the Travelling Salesman Problem
The fashion issue of Computer Science for Fun includes articles covering:
• Wearable technology in sport and the celebrity world
• Card tricks
• Recognition and mood analysis using data from monitoring walking patterns
• Naked robots
• Iron Man suit technology
• Living with...
This issue of Computer Science for fun is entitled ‘Faces’ – it looks at the importance of a face in computer science, and includes articles on:
• TactileFace – a printer for the visually impaired
• Modelling continental drift
• Describing faces – Face Space
• Facially expressive robots...
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the birth of Alan Turing, this edition of Computer Science for Fun explores his world-changing ideas. It includes articles on:
• The life and work of Alan Turing, and how the world has changed since then.
• Modern internet encryption
• Hiding information in...