Listing all results (644)
Heating accounts for over half of the energy used in homes in the UK. This Catalyst article looks at buildings designed to cut heating demand almost to zero. There are over 70,000 passive houses in Europe – just a few of them in the UK. To be described as ‘passive’, a house must meet strict criteria for energy use...
THE BENEFITS OF PLAY
An occasional paper by
Dr William Lockitt
The paper is aimed at raising awareness to the importance of play in education and highlight some of the current research available. It is...
This Catalyst article looks at fireworks and their history, how they are made and set off, and what gives them their colours and effects. The basic chemistry used in fireworks is looked at and how they work once the fuse is ignited.
This article is from Catalyst: GCSE Science Review 2002, Volume 13, Issue 2...
This issue of magazine includes the following articles:
- Preparing BTEC students for university by Adrian Greenall
- Future careers in magic by Dave Gibbs
- What does a good science scheme of learning look like? by Mark Langley
- Exploring our universe by Tom Lyons
For those with a passion for mathematics, accountancy can be a lucrative career path. Ever open to fresh applicants, it is an industry that consists of numerous specialisations of which a chartered accountant is one. This role places an emphasis of working with commercial business clients and managing their...
This issue of the magazine includes the following articles:
- Have your Pi and eat it too by Michael Anderson
- Bananas are big business by Ed Walsh
- The E in STEM by Gill Collinson and Gemma Taylor
- Celebrating International Darwin Day by Simon Quinnell
- Applying learning...
This issue of the primary magazine includes articles on:
- Evolve your teaching of evolution and inheritance by Karen Brunyee
- Sailing ahead: the Polar Explorer programme by Bryony Turford
- Beyond the partnership by Steve Thurgur
- Outdoor learning with astronomy and space by Tom...
This article focuses on the practical uses of the element Boron, including its pivotal role in heat conservation, energy conversion and storage.
Catalyst is a science magazine for students aged 14-19 years. Find out more about Catalyst magazine: ...
This article focuses on how monitoring the movement of tectonic by satellites is allowing scientists to monitor the build-up of stresses prior to earthquakes and eruptions, providing vital information that can help communities to prepare.
Catalyst is a science magazine for...