The chapters of this book are presented in the same order as topics in the 'Checkpoint biology scheme of work'. Chapters 1-5 are for Year 1, chapters 6-10 for Year 2 and chapters 11-15 for Year 3.
- The clear text and colourful illustrations and photographs fully explain the concepts and encourage background reading
- Boxed sections are used to show how scientific ideas have developed over time and how they are applied in today's world
- Questions throughout encourage pupils to extract relevant information from text and think more deeply about the topics
- 'For discussion' boxes are designed specially to stimulate class or group discussions and can be used in work on science and citizenship
- The extensive glossary contains all key syllabus words for biology and helps to build pupils' scientific vocabulary
- The accompanying teacher's resource book provides full support, including details of practical work, answers to all questions in the students book and suggestions for the use of ICT.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.