Nuffield Home Economics: the basic course
he Basic Course of Nuffield Home Economics was designed for students aged 11–14. The project was supported by the Nuffield Foundation and devised in collaboration with trial schools and with industrial consultants.
The course aimed to:
* provide students with a sound knowledge of the major concepts of home economics, and the science underlying them
* encourage a scientific approach to practical problems related to home and family
* create an awareness of the impact of rapidly changing technology on social, economic, and family life
* help students to improve their skills in communication, comprehension, verbal fluency, and numeracy.
This is a physical resource. Come and visit the National STEM Learning Centre library to see it.
|Subject(s)||Design and technology, Food Preparation and Nutrition|
|Shelf ref. number||A 640.71 NUF|
Share this resource
This resource is part of Nuffield Home Economics
- Nuffield Home Economics
- Nuffield Home Economics: the basic course