STEMFirst - STEM Skills
STEMFirst is an Educational Consultancy and STEM Delivery Organisation based in the North West of England.
We have over 20 years of experience in delivering inspirational, real-world, hands on STEM for Primary through to Higher Education and beyond.
Our activities link Science, Engineering and Maths with Employability Skills, Careers and Pathway information and we can offer off-the-shelf activity through to bespoke support programmes dependent on your specific needs.
To find out more, and to talk further about your requirements, please get in touch.
Examples of activity we can offer include:
- Engineering Think Outside the Box, KS3-4, 2 hour session
- Bridge The Gap, LEGO STEM Skills, KS2-KS4, 2 hour session
- STEM Assessment Centre - Skills for Life, KS2- KS4, 2 hour session
- STEM Scholars Programme - KS3-KS5, Full Day
- Primary Science: The STEM of FairyTales , KS1, 2 hour session
- Relevance of STEM curriculum to real-world
- Development of employability skills
- Development of scientific processes
- Creativity and problem solving
- Identification of personal areas for development
The STEM Directory is provided as a service to support you in finding enrichment opportunities. The activities are offered by external providers and are not endorsed by STEM Learning. We are not responsible for their content or delivery.
Grants for school
The Royal Institution runs two enrichment and enhancement grant schemes. Grants of up to £500 are available to UK-registered state schools to host a STEM activity selected from the STEM Directory.
There are a number of other organisations that offer grants to schools.
|Published||13 September 2017|
|Last modified||13 September 2017|
|Nature of scheme||In-school visit|
|Subject(s)||Careers, Cross curricular, Engineering, Personal development, Science, Working scientifically, Practical work, Enquiries and investigations|
|Age||5-7, 7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19, FE/HE|
|Running times||1-4 hours|
Cost depends on activity, pupil numbers and location