Sphero Robotics STEM Challenge Workshops
Wanting to combine lots of different STEM objectives in one session? Why not try our Sphero Robotics Challenges:
- Using computing skills and mathematical calculations, can you program our robots to travel round a maze?
- Have you got an engineering flair to create a bridge for our robots to travel across?
- Take your science knowledge and apply it to the water challenge, using our robot to keep objects afloat
- Test your technology and design skills to create a shell for out robots in the ultimate robot wars challenge.
We have 15 Sphero Bolt robots that we can take into schools to work with classes. Our challenges are designed to test and challenge pupils’ problems solving skills, communication and teamwork throughout the sessions. The engaging, and often messy, sessions are a hit with pupils!
- Learn about algorithms and debugging
- Work on pupils’ problem solving skills
- Pupils’ communication and collaboration
- Pupils’ teamwork
The STEM Directory is provided as a service to support you in finding enrichment opportunities. The activities are offered by external providers and are not endorsed by STEM Learning. We are not responsible for their content or delivery.
Grants for school
The Royal Institution runs two enrichment and enhancement grant schemes. Grants of up to £500 are available to UK-registered state schools to host a STEM activity selected from the STEM Directory.
There are a number of other organisations that offer grants to schools.
|Published||29 October 2019|
|Last modified||29 October 2019|
|Nature of scheme||In-school visit|
|Subject(s)||STEM Clubs, Computing, Design and technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, STEM Clubs|
|Age||5-7, 7-11, 11-14|
|Running times||A day|
Cost is based on a full day and dependant on travel distances. Varies between £400 - £500
|Log in to rate this resource|