Generation Science is the schools touring programme from Edinburgh International Science Festival. Each year we deliver interactive science shows and hands-on workshops in primary schools all over Scotland. In 2019 the tour runs from 28 January - 24 May. On offer this year are 15 workshops each exploring areas within the Curriculum for Excellence, Planet Earth, Technologies, Biological Systems, Materials and Forces, Eletricity and Waves.
Our brochure has breakdowns of each workshop, what's involved, and exactly what the children will take away.
- A fun, interactive environment where everyone gets out of their seats and gets involved
- Exciting demonstrations explaining key concepts in a unique and memorable way
- Fully equipped workshops delivered by expert science communicators
- All activities are linked to the Curriculum of Excellence
- Handy teacher resource packs
- Flexible bookins. We come to you when you want us to
- Support for science weeks, transition projects or individual science days
Generation Science Edinburgh International Science Festival
The STEM Directory is provided as a service to support you in finding enrichment opportunities. The activities are offered by external providers and are not endorsed by STEM Learning. We are not responsible for their content or delivery.
Grants for school
The Royal Institution runs two enrichment and enhancement grant schemes. Grants of up to £500 are available to UK-registered state schools to host a STEM activity selected from the STEM Directory.
There are a number of other organisations that offer grants to schools.
|Published||01 November 2018|
|Last modified||01 November 2018|
|Nature of scheme||In-school visit|
|Subject(s)||Computing, Design & Development, Design and technology, Design skills, Electronics, programming and control, Materials and manufacturing, Mechanisms and structures, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Biology, Physics, Working scientifically, Earth science, Practical work, Demonstrations, Chemistry|
|Age||4-5, 5-7, 7-11|
|Running times||1-4 hours|
£168 for one show, £310 for two and £455 for three
|Log in to rate this resource|