Subject knowledge for physics teaching: Electricity SK102
Explore static electricity, current electricity, series & parallel circuits, magnetism & electromagnetism.
The blended learning course, delivered by The Ogden Trust, supports non-specialist teachers of physics to develop their subject knowledge and pedagogical approaches for teaching electricity at Key Stages 3 and 4.
Learning takes place over an 8-week period and includes the following:
- Full day face-to-face session.
- Two online webinars.
- Supported online study, including activities and quizzes.
- Face-to-face half day.
Topics covered are static electricity, current electricity, series and parallel circuits, magnetism, electromagnetism and mathematical and practical approaches to teaching electricity.
This course is only available for teachers in England who have QTS and do not have a physics ITT qualification.
How will you learn?
The SKPT blended learning CPD will:
- develop teaching skills and confidence.
- consider mathematical problem solving, conceptual challenges, practical work and pedagogical reflections.
- Delivered in a supportive learning network.
On completion of the course teachers can complete a Subject Knowledge Award accredited by the Institute of Physics.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or if you have any questions.