Transforming Learning through Formative Teaching Approaches NN225
Research evidence consistently shows that formative practices (Assessment for Learning (AfL)) are at the heart of classrooms where deep and meaningful understanding is nurtured, and greater learning gains are made. This course will look at a wide range of hands-on approaches that can be taken away and used immediately to help teachers build a classroom culture which links to the key areas identified from research.
Who is it for?
WAU co-ordinators, head teachers/ STEM teachers
What topics are covered?
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Participants will learn to:
- help children understand and achieve quality learning
- identify where children are in their understanding
- provide feedback that promotes learning
- respond to the differing needs of their children
- support children in working as learning resources for themselves and each other
Please note - if you work at a state funded school or college in Northern Ireland you will eligible for the ENTHUSE Bursary upon full attendance on this course