Transforming Learning in the Secondary Classroom using Formative Teaching Approaches NN223
Research evidence consistently shows that formative practices (Assessment for Learning (AfL)) are at the heart of classrooms where deep and meaningful understanding is nurtured, and greater learning gains are made. This course will look at a wide range of hands-on approaches that can be taken away and used immediately to help teachers build a classroom culture which links to the key areas identified from research.
Session timings will be confirmed nearer the time. Please contact Gill Humes if you have any questions.
Dates for day 3 for this course are flexible and will be agreed with the course leader after day 1
Who is it for?
Teachers and heads of science in secondary schools
What topics are covered?
Science / pedagogy
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
- help pupils understand and achieve quality learning
- identify where pupils are in their understanding
- provide feedback that promotes learning
- respond to the differing needs of their pupils
- support pupils in working as learning resources for themselves and each other
Please note - if you work at a state funded school or college in Northern Ireland you will eligible for the ENTHUSE Bursary upon full attendance on this course