Stem rocks our world NS009
This course offers hands-on activities to explore STEM concepts linking these to areas of the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence (CfE).
Through a range of hands-on practical activities delegates will explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics concepts and link these to areas of the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence (CfE). Participants will have the opportunity to explore how these practical activities and concepts can be used to support and develop STEM skills in learners, from early to second level. The course content will explore CfE Experiences and Outcomes from the Planet Earth Organiser, giving teachers the chance to develop skills and expand their knowledge of the big ideas in this area. Participants will be asked to reflect on what they have taken from the course and share ideas for developing these ideas in their own settings.
Who is it for?
Primary Practitioners: Teachers working with learners from Primary 1 to Primary 7 in Scotland.
What topics are covered?
Curriculum for Excellence links (across Early, First and Second Levels) to:
Sciences, Technologies (digital skills and construction techniques), Maths, Literacy
How will you learn?
Face-to-Face through a variety of practical workshops and activities linked to CfE.
Delegates will have the opportunity to explore a range of resources and practical techniques, all designed to promote progression and provide support for STEM learning in the primary setting.
How long is this course?
Early Years and Primary Team
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate increased confidence in the delivery of practical science, technology and mathematics activities linked to CfE Experiences and Outcomes within STEM contexts
- adapt ideas for use within their own settings and share these with other delegates
- identify opportunities for developing their own practice and produce an action plan for implementation.
Pupils will benefit from:
- increased opportunities for STEM activities
- increased opportunities for practical work.