Facilitating effective professional development FD101
How to deliver effective professional development. Part of the Associate level CPD quality mark suite of courses.
This is the first course for teachers and other educational consultants who wish to become accredited with CPD Quality Mark
This course is designed to equip school and college based colleagues (teachers and technicians) with the skills to become an effective Course Leader of subject-specific CPD. It explores what makes CPD effective and how its impact can be evaluated as well as providing new Course Leaders with the strategies and tools they need when leading learning with adults.
You will be able to:
- understand the key components of effective CPD;
- develop outcomes that are purposeful and design assessment opportunities to understand whether outcomes have been met;
- use a range of strategies to help make sessions more engaging to an adult audience;
- evaluate and reflect on your own CPD delivery and identify potential sources for gathering evidence of impact;
- engage with relevant and recent research around delivery of effective professional development.
This is the first of three courses in our Associate facilitator CPD quality mark training.
The following courses form part of the suite and you will need to complete FD101, FD102 and the subject specific course that is relevant to you in order to be awarded CPD mark at Associate level. The suite is made up of:
FD101 Facilitating effective professional development - this will help you to identify the principles, strategies and resources that can be used to deliver high quality effective professional development which demonstrates impact in the classroom.
FD102 Facilitating with STEM Learning - this will cover the processes and rationales for delivering professional development to ensure participants get the highest impact from their learning.
FD103 Facilitating effective professional development in computing - this will help you to identify computing subject-specific principles and considerations when delivering effective professional development
FD104 Facilitating effective professional development in science - this will help you to identify science subject-specific principles and considerations when delivering effective professional development.