Using Mysteries to improve engagement and learning in secondary science NW225
A two-day course that will show secondary science teachers how to stimulate curiosity and maintain it through purposeful classroom activities that build pupils’ science skills and knowledge.
Using an innovative set of strategies which has been developed in partnership with science educators in many countries across Europe this course will enable you to:
- provide a compelling focus by using mysteries in the classroom
- use principles of showmanship to present mysteries with flair
- motivate pupils to engage with the science
- use a well-established instructional method so pupils can generate questions and explore the science for themselves
- improve skills and increase pupil independence over time
Any enquiries, please email Wales Administrator: email@example.com
Who is it for?
Teachers in Wales
What topics are covered?
How will you learn?
Face to face
How long is this course?
This course will:
- improve enquiry skills
- explore scientific concepts
- improve science learning in your classroom