Effective A level practical work: chemistry NY313
Develop your understanding of best practice around practical work and its assessment at A level chemistry.
With complex practical questions now commonplace in chemistry examinations this course will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support the required practicals and also develop students practical assessment skills in novel contexts.
This course is run alongside Effective Practical Work: Physics and Effective Practical Work: Biology
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- Understanding the criteria for assessment of practical work and how to apply it
- Novel practical work to develop students’ skills in apparatus and techniques
- Effective demonstrations
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your pedagogical subject knowledge to support practical assessment in the science subjects which you teach
- apply CPAC to all practical work not just required practical in order to develop student skills
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical written questions