Effective A level practical work: chemistry NY313
Develop understanding of effective practical work at A level chemistry
Effective A level practical work: chemistry will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support practical science in your subject. You will build the disciplinary knowledge required to teach practical work and investigate a joined-up approach to progression across the curriculum. We will also look at developing concepts through practical work and how to build student understanding towards practical work questions.
You may also be interested in: NY500 Established teachers of A level chemistry
Not quite what you are looking for? Try NY251 New to A level chemistry
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- CPAC requirements, effective practical work
- core practicals, additional practical work to use in teaching concepts from A level chemistry
- developing student response to practical questions
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your disciplinary knowledge to support practical assessment in chemistry
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions
- expand your repertoire of science practical work that can be used in A level chemistry