Effective GCSE practical work: Physics NY318
'Effective GCSE Practical Work: Physics' will provide you with a range of practical and pedagogical knowledge to develop students apparatus and techniques (AT) skills.
With complex practical questions now commonplace in physics examinations, 'Effective GCSE Practical Work: physics' will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support the required practicals by developing students' apparatus and techniques skills in novel contexts.
Run alongside Effective Practical Work: chemistry and Effective Practical Work: biology, there is opportunity for you to customise your programme based upon your own personal and school priorities in order to gain the most out of your two days with us.
Who is it for?
All teachers of GCSE science including NQTs and more experienced teachers. Curriculum leads for GCSE physics.
What topics are covered?
- What is effective practical work
- Working scientifically
- Developing student response to practical questions
- Novel practical work to use in teaching of GCSE physics
- Using apparatus and techniques criteria
How will you learn?
Face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York
How long is this course?
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your pedagogical subject knowledge to support practical assessment in the science subjects which you teach
- apply apparatus and techniques criteria (AT) to all practical work not just required practical in order to develop students awareness
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions