Effective GCSE practical work: Physics NY318
Develop understanding of effective practical work at GCSE physics
Effective GCSE practical work: physics will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support practical work in your department. You will build the disciplinary knowledge required to teach practical work and investigate a joined-up approach to progression across the curriculum. We will also look at developing concepts through practical work and how to build student understanding towards longer answer questions.
You may also be interested in: NY342 Core concepts in physics
Not quite what you are looking for? Try: NY314 Effective A level practical work: physics
Who is it for?
Teachers of GCSE science including Early Career Teachers (ECTs), experienced teachers, curriculum leads for physics
What topics are covered?
- effective practical work
- core practicals
- additional practical work to use in teaching concepts from GCSE physics
- developing student response to practical questions
How will you learn?
Face to face learning.
How long is this course?
This is a two day intensive course
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your disciplinary knowledge to support practical assessment in physics
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions
- expand your repertoire of science practical work that can be used in GCSE physics
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.