Technicians supporting: physics 11-16 NY606
Examine and explore a selection of physics practicals such as electricity, electronics, sound, light, radioactivity, forces, energy, and electromagnets which will be used in this GCSE course.
Experience a wide range of physics equipment which will enable you to support teachers and create impactful science lessons.
The content has been designed to meet the physics curriculum for 11 to16-year-old students and there will be topics which will motivate students to reach their physics qualifications. Explore a wide range of practicals to support teaching and learning.
Throughout these sessions you will be practising how to prepare equipment which will improve your confidence in this subject. There will be hints and tips on how to easily make physics equipment and there is a session where you can test your soldering skills to make a simple piece of equipment which you can take back to school and use.
Together we will be looking at the five main strands to make sure it’s relevant to you. These five strands include, where to source the equipment, how to set it up, how the practical runs in the classroom, scientific background to the practical and health and safety.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- GCSE required practicals
- magnetism & Electromagnetism
- waves – light and sound
- technicians skills – soldering, building and improving existing equipment
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- successfully implement new physics skills and knowledge acquired on the course
- identify key issues that are essential for effective performance in your role
- communicate with others to implement safe and effective physics practicals in your school or college
- prepare physics practicals from a range of sources, to engage students and others
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.