Teaching primary science: getting started NE708
Get started with practical work in primary science, develop your confidence and explore a range of techniques for working scientifically.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- managing practical science in the primary classroom
- resourcing practical science easily
- identifying types of enquiry
- embedding practical science in planning
- exploring activities which spark curiosity
- developing thinking and reasoning skills
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
- develop confidence in carrying out practical science for 5-11 year olds
- explore ideas for effective practical work in primary science
- recognise the types of enquiry and when to use them
- investigate activities which engage children in learning about science
- create opportunities for developing thinking and reasoning through science
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date