Tech She Can - How to inspire children to consider a future career in technology using freely available resources CY303 / X10
Join Becky Patel, Head of Education and Learning for the charity Tech She Can as she explains how to use the freely available Tech We Can educational resources to inspire children aged 5-14 to consider a future career in technology.
In this virtual session Becky will:
- Explain why careers education in primary schools is so important
- Summarise research about how to best engage more girls in STEM subjects
- Talk through example technology jobs of the present and future
- Explain how teachers can implement the Tech We Can resources into their curriculum
What topics are covered?
computing, I belong, engage girls in STEM, freely available tech
Who is the course leader?
- How to best engage girls in STEM subjects
- Why careers education in primary is important
- Discover how to use freely available tech and how to implement into your curriculum
|Tech She Can||17 January 2024||16:00-17:00||Virtual|
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available