Devon and Somerset Science Learning Partnership Secondary CPD Package RN913 / C41
Summary of package
Our high quality CPD package has been designed to respond to current needs of all staff (including ECTs, technicians, TAs and leaders) involved in teaching science across schools across Devon and Somerset. The package is a mixture of face to face and remote CPD.
Being part of our SLP package gives science staff the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge alongside sharing good practice and collaboration with local schools.
Details of CPD and networks included in Package:
Choice of one remote CPD delivered over 2 after school sessions with gap tasks. Examples of CPD include:
- Supporting Disadvantaged learners in science
- The science of learning
- Introduction to raising Science Capital
- The Art of Demos
Choice of one full day F2F CPD
- Physics, Chemistry or Biology for non-specialists
- Strengthening practical work in physics/Chemistry/Biology
- KS3 science for non-specialists
- Technicians training: supporting practical work in chemistry/physics/biology
- Maximising Learning in practical science
A choice of two remote networks:
Each network has five sessions run throughout the academic year. Most run after school (apart from the technicians network which runs from 1.30-3.00pm)
- Science leaders network
- Technicians’ network
- Pedagogy network
- SEND and Teaching Assistants network, spread across the year, 5 sessions 4-5pm
- KS3 Subject knowledge enhancement Network
The package is priced at £600 per school. The cost allows one member of staff to attend each component of the package.
Who is the course leader?
|Devon and Somerset Science Learning Partnership Secondary CPD Package||15 December 2023||09:00-18:00||To be assigned|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£600.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£900.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available