Leading Primary Science STEM conference RN124 / B04
Our primary conferences always provide outstanding learning opportunities linked to topical developments in primary science teaching along side time to talk and share ideas with other primary practitioners.
Key note Speaker - Tina Whittaker - National Consultant on primary science, Co-lead of Science across the City publications (Stoke on Trent), PSQM Regional Hub Leader, Focus4TAPS Advisor
Tina is a leading figure within the primary science community and we are delighted that she is able to lead the key note session for us on 'Teaching children to build better scientific questions'
Stem Ambassadors - A local representative from the STEM Ambassador Hub will present a session on how to request a STEM Ambassador and the benefits this can bring to primary schools
The following speakers will also be presenting at the conference. You will be able to choose your sessions from the workshops available nearer the time of the event.
- Linking English & Science with Charlotte Thomas (Bristol SLP)
- Purposeful practical work in science with Jenny Watson (Midlands SLP)
- Ideas for taking science outdoors with Rachel Manning (Bristol SLP)
- Digital quizzes and assessment with Paul Gerrie
- Hard to teach concepts - electricity, forces and evolution with Jenny Watson (Midlands SLP)
- EYFS to KS1 transition and progression with Rachel Manning ( Bristol SLP)
- Is your DT curriculum fit for purpose? with Leanne Mee ( Stemworks)
- Involving families in science with Jenny Watson (Midlands SLP)
- Ideas for linking maths and science with Rachel Manning (Bristol SLP)
We have been allocated additional 70% Teacher Release Payment subsidies. These are available to Maintained schools, making the total cost only £36.00. Please email email@example.com to ask for the TRP code to be used at the point of booking. Please note that this does not automatically deduct the fee immediately. You will receive an invoice for the full amount and the Teacher Release Payment will be released back to the school once attendance at the event has been confirmed.
Who is the course leader?
STEM SLP Faciliator leading CPD for Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Bristol and Swindon SLP areas.
Please see specific entries for exact outcomes for the conference you are interested in, there will be the opportunity to:
- discuss current good practice in primary science
- recognise your own good practice, and identify areas for development
- reflect on ways to translate ideas to your school context, and plan for action
|Primary Science CPD Conference
|07 February 2024
|State-funded school or college
|Activity fee£120.00 +VAT
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)
|Activity fee£180.00 +VAT
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available