Teaching climate change NE213 / A23
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date.
Developed in partnership with ESERO Ireland and ESERO UK, this course introduces the topic of climate change and the work of the European Space Agency.
In this course you’ll explore the difference between weather and climate, as well as how climate is affected by earth process and human factors. You will have the opportunity to examine causes and effects of Climate Change, develop your confidence teaching climate change and plan to lead students through ESA’s Climate Detectives project.
To support your students with climate change projects, you will look at what makes a good research question, analyse and identify data which is fit for purpose, and organise and communicate findings in a variety of ways using relevant scientific terminology and representations.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- what is climate change?
- climate change in the taught curriculum
- climate science projects for students, such as ESA Climate Detectives
- how climate change is measured using satellite data
- mitigating climate change
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
This is a self-paced Online Course
The course leader will be introduced in the course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain the difference between weather and climate
- investigate the causes and effects of climate change
- collect and interpret Earth Observation satellite data
- develop activities that engage your students in investigating and communicating local climate issues and solutions
- collaborate with other teachers to develop your teaching practice and use of climate change as a context for curriculum learning
|1 Teaching climate change
|01 September 2023
|State-funded school or college
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available