Post 16 chemistry remote network package RN913 / B15
Developed and delivered and administered by the Science Learning Partnership for the South West and West Midlands. Designed to support the Stem Learning’s Post 16 chemistry courses and led by a highly experienced teacher of chemistry, this network is an opportunity further develop and enhance your own subject knowledge and acquire new teaching strategies to support your students and hence improve their outcomes in chemistry.
Led by Martin Bluemel, who has been a senior examiner, you will explore the chemistry curriculum and look at supporting students to achieve their best at A-level. Covering all exam boards join Martin for this exciting network.
Using feedback from the awarding organisations, as well the trainer’s expertise on teaching challenging topics in post 16 chemistry, you will be able to equip yourself to better help your pupils. This network consists of 4 sessions that run from 16.00-17.00 that are all delivered online.
The dates will be17.1.24, 27.3.24, 16.5.24, & 26.6.24 . Each session will be based on a post-16 topic such as chemical equilibria, rates, organic chemistry, electrochemistry and maths for A level chemists
This package is priced at £100.00. The DFE have awarded Stem Learning the opportunity to offer schools a teacher release payment which means your school will receive a discounted rate of £50.00. This means the package will cost your school £50.00
To get the teacher release payment discount code or for further details please contact us at the email address email@example.com
These sessions can also be booked individually @ £30.00 per session
- Rates of Reaction – 17.1.24 Find out more - Post-16-Meeting-rates-reaction l STEM
- Organic Chemistry – 27.3.24 Find out more – Post-16-Organic-Chemistry
- Electromagnetism – 16.5.24 Find out more – Post-16-Meeting-Electrochemistry l STEM
- Maths in A Level Science – 26.6.24 Find out more - Post-16-maths-level-chemists l STEM
Who is the course leader?
You will be able to:
- support students with key areas of challenge in A level chemistry
- develop effective teaching strategies for engaging students with core chemistry concepts
- discover wide ranges of resources for practical and theoretical chemistry
- develop the practical and mathematical skills of your students
|SLP Subscription model||17 January 2024||00:00-00:00||Virtual|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£100.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£200.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available