EP2413 Help! I'm leading Science - Enriching the curriculum to raise the profile of science RK030 / A02H
This course is fully funded for all schools in the Primary L.E.A.D Trust Enthuse partnership and maintained schools from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Northampton. All other bookings will be cancelled.
Each session can stand alone and needs to be booked on individually to be sent the correct link for that session.
Whether you are new to the role of science subject leader or have been the leader for a couple of years, you will be supported to bring about change at a whole school level. You will receive guidance, advice and support to help you understand the role of the subject leader and find out about science in your school. Mapped to the NPQLT framework, the course will provide a solid foundation for those wishing to continue their leadership journey further. The course explores 5 key themes: what is science like in my school, essential skills for leading primary science, assessment for learning, leading teaching and learning and raising the profile of science. Throughout the course you will also be provided with the skills and knowledge development to allow you to reflect on and consolidate your role.
• understand different strategies to raise the profile of science in your school
• explore different resources for school enrichment activities
• discuss how to run a successful science/STEM club and science/STEM weeks
Who is it for?
New or recently established science leaders.
What topics are covered?
- strategies to find out what science is like in my school
- health and safety for primary science
- role of the subject leader
- developing an understanding of the Ofsted framework
- understanding and developing working scientifically
- leading change
- assessment for learning
- exploring progression in primary science
- assessing primary science: knowledge and understanding
- assessing primary science: working scientifically
- context based science (with STEM Ambassadors)
- enriching the curriculum to raise the profile of science
- a science capital approach to primary science
How will you learn?
The course will be delivered through a combination of face to face, remote and online sessions.
Who is the course leader?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- develop strategies to establish and embed your schools vision for primary science
- lead improvement in the quality of science teaching and learning within your school
- employ a range of techniques to identify what science is like in your school and effectively plan next steps to develop the members of your team
|EP2413 Help! I'm leading Science
|16 April 2024
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)
|Activity fee£100.00 +VAT
|State-funded school or college
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available