SEND Computing Conference 2023 CY310 / Y01
An essential day of hands on workshops and great ideas for all teachers of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Whether you teach computing in a special school, or mainstream primary or secondary setting, there will be something for you!
The conference will provide you with the opportunity to meet with like-minded professionals. In addition you will be able to have hands on experience of developmental Computing ideas for learners accessing an informal pathway in computing; find out about some high quality teaching approaches to support autistic students; explore strategies for developing an inclusive computing classroom through the Universal Design for Learning framework; and hear about the latest developments in online safety and how to keep our most vulnerable learners safe online.
Who is the course leader?
- Develop understanding of what makes computing relevant and engaging for learners with SEND
- Explore effective pedagogies to support students with SEND in computing lessons
- Develop awareness of inclusive teaching strategies to support inclusion in the classroom
- Plan an effective computing curriculum for students working on an informal pathway based on freely available resources
- Share experiences and expertise with like-minded professionals that can inform your own practice
|SEND Computing Conference 2023
|17 March 2023
|National STEM Learning Centre
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available