Stem challenges for first and second level NS015 / A22
This course covers a progression of STEM Challenges, suitable for Primary and ASN staff working with learners at First and Second Level. Through experiential learning, staff will consider how to integrate STEM Challenges across the curriculum in their own settings and provide support for colleagues.
The course includes:
A face-to-face training day at SSERC in Dunfermline, with a kit box to take away. The training day will cover:
- The Engineering Design Process
- Experiential learning with a range of STEM Challenges
- Skills development
- Developing these skills across the curriculum
- Online resources
- Real life and careers links
- Planning and next steps
2. Gap task - time in school to plan, inform and provide support for colleagues
3. Virtual session - progress update and planning next steps
To apply for this course please apply via SSERC directly (https://www.sserc.org.uk/professional-learning/primary-clpl/) Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
Who is it for?
Primary and ASN staff working with learners at First and Second Level in Scotland
What topics are covered?
Curriculum for Excellence links (across First and Second Level) to:
Technologies (construction and Engineering)
Health and Wellbeing
Other areas of the curriculum
How will you learn?
Experiential learning through practical workshops and discussion during face-to-face day
Collegiate discussion during gap task at school
Collaborative discussion during virtual session
Evaluation and reflection
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
This course aims to:
- raise confidence, skills and knowledge in the delivery of effective STEM Challenges to develop learners’ skills across First and Second Level
- support staff to plan and integrate STEM Challenges effectively across the curriculum in their schools
- provide a range of useful resources and materials that can be integrated into school planning
|1 Stem challenges for first and second level||27 May 2022||10:00-16:00||SSERC|
|2 Stem challenges for first and second level||14 June 2022||13:00-16:00||SSERC|
|3 Stem challenges for first and second level||15 June 2022||15:00-16:00||SSERC|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£320.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£320.00||Standard bursary available*£320.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available