How to be successful and thriving - STEM Club Workshop - SOUTH WEST REGION GG002 / C01
Club leaders will gain inspiration, ideas, and practical tips for developing their club, as well as an understanding of the importance of STEM Clubs and an appreciation of the vital role the STEM Club leader has in supporting and enthusing students. The workshop is for teachers or technicians from secondary schools, Sixth Form and FE colleges across England with KS3, KS4 or KS5 provision. This regionally based face to face course lasts approximately 2 hours and enables course attendees to network, share ideas and best practice. The workshop includes practical club activities to try. The workshop explores the following topics:
- defining what makes a club ‘Thriving and Successful’
- maintaining the interest of senior leadership, students, colleagues, and wider community
- how club leader skills translate into the classroom
- promoting best practice through support networks and collaboration
- enhancing student engagement and stretching capabilities
- engaging student interest through activities, competitions, and longer-term projects
- the value of trips and visitors
- exploring how to apply for grants and the information needed
- generating opportunities, ideas or projects that could produce funding
Who is the course leader?
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- identify successful and thriving factors for your club to focus on to increase student interest and attendance and reinvigorate support from colleagues and senior management
- identify and embed opportunities to enhance student engagement and capabilities
- plan long term projects and engagement with a broader range of STEM subject projects
- create a plan to generate club funding and improve your grant application skills
- develop a portfolio of evidence, recording the impact and benefits of your club
|Gap Task - how to be successful and thriving||15 February 2022||00:00-00:00||Virtual|
|1 How to be successful and thriving - STEM Club Workshop||15 February 2022||16:00-17:00||Virtual|
|How to be successful and thriving - STEM Clubs||17 February 2022||16:00-17:00||Virtual|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£80.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available