Measuring impact and gaining recognition - STEM Club Workshop GF004 / C01
The workshop will enable club leaders to gain insight into impact measurement, experience of using impact toolkits, how to create measurement tools and how to gain recognition for the club and students. The workshop is aimed at secondary schools, Sixth Form and FE colleges across England with KS3, KS4 and KS5 provision. The workshop includes opportunities to network and the sharing of best practice. The workshop explores the following topics:
- the importance of successful and thriving clubs and the role they play in supporting students attainment
- evaluating how STEM clubs are viewed abroad and the lessons we can learn from their methodology
- understanding why measuring impact is important and the evidence that supports the value STEM Clubs bring to students, teachers and the school
- reviewing the value of the Science Capital approach and how to maximise it within the club
- the benefits of sharing impact and recognition and how to use the evidence to support the schools STEM agenda and gain support from senior leadership, colleagues, parents, local industry etc.
- investigating the different types of methodology and tools and when to use them
- how to use the STEM Clubs student attitudinal survey impact toolkit and the ESERO-UK Space Education quality Mark
- exploring how clubs can gain recognition through award schemes, competitions, showcasing the club and digital badging
Who is the course leader?
I am a STEM Administrator for The STEM Hub at Canterbury Christ Church University. Previously a Primary School Teacher, I am also an Associate CPD...
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- increase understanding of the importance of impact evaluation and the gathering of evidence to support the positive impact a STEM Club has on student understanding and enjoyment of STEM subjects, student attainment and student STEM identity
- enhanced understanding of Science Capital and how this methodology is used within a STEM Club, helping to enhance curricular delivery
- develop ability to run impact evaluation trials within the STEM club, utilising impact toolkits and student evaluation tools
- increased understanding of rewarding student achievement, gaining recognition for the club and the methodologies that can be implemented
|1 Measuring impact and gaining recognition - STEM Club Workshop||24 May 2022||16:00-17:00||Virtual|
|2 Measuring impact and gaining recognition - STEM Club Workshop||24 May 2022||17:00-18:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£80.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available