Developing pupils metacognitive capabilities to help them become empowered learners - Northern Ireland Teachers ONLY NN027 / A21
This course will explore the research evidence linked to cognitive science. The course will provided a variety of classroom approaches that can be used to support pupils to build their memories, develop their reasoning capabilities and become empowered to be life-long learners.
Dates for day 2 of this course will be agreed with the course leader after day 1
Who is it for?
This course is for Northern Ireland Teachers ONLY
What topics are covered?
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
You will be able to:
- define what metacognition is and explain how it links to cognition and self-regulated learning
- explain the importance of cognitive load theory and employ a range of ideas to support the reduction of it
- use research informed approaches to build memory
- develop and use a range of scaffolding approaches to help all learners achieve it
- plan for how you would like to develop your practice in this area.
|Day 1||24 May 2022||09:00-16:00||Virtual|
Please note - if you work at a state funded school or college in Northern Ireland you will eligible for the ENTHUSE Bursary upon full attendance on this course
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£200.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£200.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£400.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available