Understanding Maths and Logic in Computer Science CO213 / A11
The mathematical aspects of computer science can be difficult to understand and teach. On this course, you will be introduced to maths and logic in computing in an engaging way. Using the concept of an escape room, you will learn activities and games to help improve your knowledge and skills in this subject.
You will build your understanding of a range of topics, including using logic and mathematical operators in programming, and converting numbers to binary. Through practical activities you will become more comfortable with concepts including logical operators, truth tables, and logic gates.
Who is the course leader?
Facilitator To Be Confirmed
At STEM Learning, we are proud to work alongside teachers, technicians and educators to inspire and engage young people of all ages with STEM...
You will be able to:
- Identify the AND, OR, NOT and XOR logical operators, recognise the symbols representing each logic gate, and be able to combine them in logic circuits and statements
- Develop knowledge of and be able to use • equal to • addition • subtraction • multiplication • real division • integer division, including remainders
- Produce drawings of truth tables and logic circuits and recognise a logic gate/circuit from its truth table
- Calculate conversion between binary and denary whole numbers (0-255)
- Explain why hexadecimal is often used in computer science, convert between binary and hexadecimal & decimal and hexadecimal
|Understanding Maths and Logic in Computer Science||01 November 2021||00:00-00:00||Online course|
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available