Practical techniques for recently qualified biologists NS514 / A21
This course aims to offer hands-on opportunities to explore innovative ways of approaching practical work to support the biology curriculum. A variety of biological techniques will be explored. For example, microscopy skills, microbiology techniques, innovative work with enzymes, ecological techniques.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (firstname.lastname@example.org ) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Who is it for?
Teachers of biology
What topics are covered?
A variety of biological techniques will be explored. For example, microscopy skills, microbiology techniques, innovative work with enzymes, separation techniques.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
2 Days, plus self study. Total 15 hours
Who is the course leader?
Participants will be able to:
- more confidently teach practical skills relevant to the Senior Phase biology curriculum
- explore ways of enhancing the understanding of biological concepts using hands-on approaches
- describe developments in some key areas of contemporary biology
- receive a variety of resources to support learning in their school
|1 Practical techniques for recently qualified biologists Day 1||03 February 2022||09:00-17:00||SSERC|
|3 Practical techniques for recently qualified biologists Day 2||05 May 2022||09:00-17:00||SSERC|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£320.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£320.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£320.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available