Python programming: advanced subject knowledge, implementation and testing - remote CE463 / H03
You’ll need to be confident in the essentials of sequence, selection, iteration and working with data files to access this course. It’s recommended that you undertake the following courses prior to this one: Python programming constructs: sequencing, selection and iteration and Python programming: working with data.
Recommended next steps:
To compliment this course we also have Python programming projects: analysis, design and evaluation available. It’s recommended that you complete this course alongside, to give you the knowledge of the full software life cycle.
Do you prefer to learn in a classroom? If so, take a look at: Python programming: advanced subject knowledge, implementation and testing - face to face
Who is it for?
This course is for current or prospective teachers of computer science, to undertake this course it is advised that you have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of the Python language.
What topics are covered?
- 01 | Advanced subject knowledge – Develop your Python programming skills by learning about advanced techniques including authentication, randomisation, sub-routines, nested selection and iteration, validation, data structures and string formatting.
- 02 | Creating a working program – Using your advanced subject knowledge from the first session you’ll create a working program implementing the use of validation and authentication.
- 03 | Implementing a solution –In this session you’ll learn how to decompose a set of requirements into smaller, manageable tasks, understanding how to link the programming techniques learnt in the first session to the implementation stage of the software development life cycle.
- 04 | Building a program from user requirements - You’ll be able to use your existing and new advanced Python knowledge to program a working solution, based upon a set of user requirements.
- 05 | Testing a solution – Testing is an important part of the software development life cycle, ensuring that the program functions correctly before being used by users. This session will explore the purpose of testing including the differences between iterative and final testing, and how to use normal, boundary and erroneous data effectively to check a programs functionality.
How will you learn?
Scheduled live, interactive online sessions led by an experienced practitioner. Flexible facilitator-supported, participant-led tasks, involving deep exploration of the subject content.
How long is this course?
This course is approximately six hours in duration, split across several days.
Who is the course leader?
Understand how to implement advanced programming techniques within a working solution i.e. authentication, nested selection & iteration
Learn the importance of the implementation and testing stages of the software development life cycle
Understand the differences between iterative and final testing, including the different types of test data normal, boundary and erroneous
Develop confidence in leading your students as they develop their programming skills
|1 Python programming: advanced subject knowledge, implementation and testing - remote||27 October 2021||09:00-10:30|
|3 Python programming: advanced subject knowledge, implementation and testing - remote||27 October 2021||11:30-12:15|
|5 Python programming: advanced subject knowledge, implementation and testing - remote||27 October 2021||13:45-14:45|
Fees & Bursaries
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available