Spencer Academy Trust Only Ofsted for Secondary Science Middle Leaders or Subject Leads RK298 / A68
Ofsted for Secondary Science Middle Leaders or Subject Leads
The current Ofsted framework requires science leaders to have a clear curriculum vision for the subject and be able to implement it effectively.
Using Ofsted’s 3Is (Intent, Implementation, and Impact) as a foundation, this workshop will guide participants through considering both the new framework and their current science curriculum, to ensure that the department, and its teachers and students, are better prepared for inspection.
Who is the course leader?
ASE Field officer for North & East Midlands. Freelance education consultant. Ex special school science teacher and senior leader. Chartered Science...
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- clarify the importance of the curriculum in the 2019 Ofsted framework
- articulate the intent of your science curriculum – its sense of purpose in improving students’ knowledge and skills
- improve the implementation of your science curriculum – focusing on the key considerations when implementing what was intended
- clarify where and how the impact of your implemented science curriculum could be evidenced – and be better prepared for an inspection
- prepare your next steps as a science leader
|Secondary bespoke support||10 February 2022||15:30-17:00||Virtual|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available