Maths subject knowledge: graphs, functions and solving equations graphically NE212 / A21
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- the link between displaying the input and output of a function machine, as a table of results, a mapping and a graph.
- the nature and qualities of a linear relationship and a quadratic relationship.
- the application of graphs to finding approximate solutions to equations.
- function notation and its use in describing transformations of graphs.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Michael Anderson
• Stephen Lyon
• Paula Kelly
- reflect upon your current understanding of the basics of graphs and appreciate why graphs are important in representing connections between variables.
- develop fluency in the nature and qualities of a linear relationship.
- develop fluency in the nature and qualities of a quadratic relationship.
- apply the use of graphs to display situations, find connections and solve problems.
- investigate how function notation can be used to describe transformations of graphs.
|Maths subject knowledge: graphs, functions and solving equations graphically||02 August 2021||00:00-00:00||Online course|
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£120.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available