Teaching and leading key stage 2 computing - face to face - Invite Only for Redbridge Education Partnership CH002 / E09
Through key stage 2, the computing curriculum aims to deepen understanding of computer science, information technology and digital literacy. Children become more skilled, and critical, users of technology, choosing tools that helps them achieve their goals while developing safe, and acceptable, online behaviours.
This three session professional development forms the second part of the six session course developed in collaboration with the Redbridge Education Partnership.
Over the three remaining sessions you will broaden your understanding across the whole computing curriculum. You will strengthen your knowledge of computer systems and networks, including the internet and technologies such as search engines and email that make use of it. You will demystify computers, developing understanding of data fundamentals such as binary, and learning how the parts of a computer system handle this data to carry out useful tasks.
Skilfully combining a wide range of software applications and multimedia such as video, images and sound, you will be better able to support children in creative and engaging project work across the whole primary curriculum. They will develop their ability to select the right tool for the job, then use them in a considered, effective way.
Who is the course leader?
You will be able to help children:
- Understand how computers work including details of their component parts, and the added capabilities achieved when computers are connected through a network
- Understand the nature of binary data as used by computers to represent data in many forms
- Learn about tools and applications that utilise the internet, including email and the World-Wide Web, and use them safely and effectively
- Create and manage projects where they collect, analyse and share data
- Create and modify digital content such as images, video and sound in multimedia projects
- Consider their own use of technology, the benefits and risks that it brings, and know its importance in the world and their learning by developing your own subject knowledge, pedagogy and practice
|Outstanding teaching of key stage 2 computing - session 1||10 March 2022||13:30-17:00||Gearies Primary School|
|Outstanding teaching of key stage 2 computing - session 2||05 May 2022||13:30-17:00||Gearies Primary School|
|Outstanding teaching of key stage 2 computing - session 3||23 June 2022||13:30-17:00||Gearies Primary School|
By booking on this course you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the National Centre for Computing Education. These can be found here https://teachcomputing.org/privacy.html
Fees & Bursaries
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available