Active Science RK198 / N22
Active Science: ‘Bringing Primary Science to Life!’
· A brand new, exciting Professional Learning opportunity
· Identified by Ofsted as the type of support that is a very effective use of your PE & Sport Premium funding as well as supporting science and its assessment.
· Supports primary schools and academies to meet the national 30 Minutes a Day requirements, the PE & Sport Premium outcome indicators, and has whole-school impact including adding extra science time to your curriculum
· Supports you to provide new, healthy physical activity opportunities and develop active teaching and learning strategies in Science
Childhood Obesity - Primary Schools and Academies in England
The latest Government figures identify that almost a quarter of Reception children are obese or overweight. In Year 6Tahoma">, it is over a third.
30 Minutes a Day: Active Lessons
To help to combat this childhood obesity epidemic the UK Chief Medical Officer recommends that all children and young people should engage in moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity (MVPA) for at least 60 minutes every day.
At least 30 minutes should be delivered in school every day through a range of opportunities including active lessons.
This is where Active Science fits in. It supports you in delivering 30 minutes of physical activity a day through your science lessons.
The lessons are fun, active and exciting and help your children to learn about science through healthy movement activity in the classroom, hall, playground and field.
Through fun physical activity, Active Science brings to life the programmes of study for science, not just in the biology section of the curriculum but also key aspects of chemistry, physics and working scientifically too.
We can support you in identifying the CPD support that you need, provide CPD activity directly from our programme of courses, or work with you to tailor the content to meet your requirements.
We can develop an affordable bespoke CPD event which is delivered locally to you for:
- individuals such as: subject leaders, coordinators, heads of departments
- a team/whole department
- a network of schools/groups
- multi-academy trusts
- initial teacher education
|Primary bespoke support||15 June 2021||13:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£135.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available